Custom Content for Bears!March 26th, 2010 by TirNua Audrey Leave a comment Share on Facebook
Custom Content for your Bear Personas!
Design your own custom outfits to go along with the Bear Persona we introduced last week. Very Cool!
Oil Phase 2: Drilling and Extracting Oil
- Find Oil: Use the Oil Detection Station and Oil Detection Mobile to locate the oil deposits.
- Drill for oil: Once you have located a deposit. You will need to drill down to the deposit using an Oil Derrick (the large wooden structure shown).
What you Need to Know:
- You must have an oil permit to use the derrick and the engineer must be a resident.
- Position the derrick over the oil find. Make sure the pipe cap is over the top of the cell above the oil deposit.
- The oil derrick requires rotational energy. A Mobile Boiler needs to be connected and ignited to provide the energy. The energy will be stored in the fly wheel on the derrick. It is a good idea to build up a bit before starting to drill. (Note: there is a problem with the original steam engine coupling - until it is corrected it will not be able to be used with the derrick).
- You will need two personas to drill: an Engineer and a Roughneck. The Engineer must have a Mental Capacity of at least 30 and Mental Value above at least 10; the Roughneck needs a Physical Capacity of at least 30 and Physical value of least 10.
- Stock the derrick with pipe using the “Retrieve Pipe” action on the derrick. You must qualify as a Roughneck to stock the pipe.
- Once there is a reserve of pipe and rotational energy in the derrick, you are ready to drill.
- The Roughneck needs to run the “Position Pipe” action.
- When the Roughneck is in place, the Engineer can “Start Drilling”.
- Each pipe length will take some time to drill, the deeper the pipe needs to go the more time and rotational energy required.
- The clutch will automatically disengage when the pipe section is done, except when there is a Oil Strike. When the strike happens you will need to shut off the derrick manually.
- Extracting the oil:
- Once there is an oil strike, Oil Donkey (with battery for power) will be required to extract the oil. Remove the oil derrick and insert the oil donkey.
- You must be a lot owner or roommate to use the donkey.
- You must have an oil permit to use the derrick.
- Position the Donkey so the end of the donkey with electrical connection is directly over the Oil Strike.
- Connect a battery harness and battery.
- Start the Oil Donkey.
- When the Oil Donkey is started, run your cursor over the Donkey for the tooltip. The data will show you the depth, current amount, and original amount of the well.
- The Oil Donkey’s tanks can hold about 200 units of oil. When you want to use the oil for other things, use the ‘Extract Oil’ action. If there are empty barrels on the lot, they will be filled; otherwise, an oil barrel will show up in the persona’s inventory.
In the Gardening Arena this Week:
- Corn Fields in TirNua - just like growing coffee and strawberries, you can grow your own corn too. Big difference is that you will get only one picking per plant; each picking reaps two bushels of corn. After the picking, the corn plant will die and be ready for recycling. As with the coffee and strawberries, the corn does not reproduce with hybrids. The benefit to reproducing is that you can get a fresh new young plant to replace your old close to death or dead one.
- Going forward when picking crops (coffee, corn, strawberries) in a Farm zone you have a 50% chance of doubling the harvest.
- Change plants to increase GreenThumb when you full grow them, not harvest (except when you get a tree)
- Roasted coffee goes to the person doing the roasting.
DVDs have their content displayed as an image in game
Achievement Badge Updates
- Added 2 new energy Badges
- Added Badges for top scores Green Thumbs and Energy. Top 100, 50,25,10,5,1
- Earned badges can be placed in lots
- Tooltips added to Badges on lots
As usual don’t forget to check out the VIP Store for the hot deals of the week.
Audrey and The TirNua Team